To submit a paper please use the following link.
Call for Papers
The conference provides different tutorials, lectures and technical sections where the speakers can present and discuss their research results and innovations with their academic, scientific and industrial fellows. Keeping the tradition of the event, the papers submitted and approved will be sent for publication in the IEEE Xplore platform for international publicity. In this edition, like the previous one, papers written in English, in Portuguese and in Spanish will be sent for publication. The IEEE Xplore is indexed in three different platforms: Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar.
The IEEE/IAS International Conference on Industry Applications (INDUSCON) is an international conference held every two years in Brazil, brought by the South Brazil section of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – IEEE and the local Chapter of IEEE Industry Applications Society.
The INDUSCON 2023 will take place in the city of São Bernardo do Campo at São Paulo state from November 22-24th, 2023 (NEW), in hybrid format. This edition of the conference will be organized by Federal University of ABC and its main theme will be “Industry 4.0 challenges in the ESG (Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance) context”.
Consistent with this theme, we will have plenary keynotes from leading industrial and academic scientists, who will give forward looking visions as well as historical perspectives on our field. A broad array of scientific tracks and mini-symposiums will cover diverse topics of cutting-edge research and innovation in the diverse topics related to challenges for industry and technology in the ESG context.
The conference program will feature: tutorials, workshops, invited sessions, industry sessions, oral sessions, sessions for students and young professionals, sessions for entrepreneurs, and exhibits from vendors and universities.
Furthermore, we also welcome submission of Special Sessions & Mini-symposia Workshops & Tutorials that will complement the technical program by giving to all participants a view on the challenges arising today from academia and industry.
The main topics of the conference, include but its not limited to:
- Social and Sustainable Processes and Practices
- Additive Manufacturing Technologies and Personalized Products
- Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Self Configuration and Self Diagnosis
- Micro and Nano Manufacturing
- Ultrasound Techniques and Non-Destructive Testing
- Optimization Heuristics and Methods Applied to Industry, Cutting and Packing
- Life Support Systems and Techniques, Biomedical Engineering
- Human-Machine Symbiosis and Bioprocesses Applied to Industry
- Robotics/Mechatronics and Automation/Process Control in Industry Applications
- Cyber Physical Systems, Digital Twins and Knowledge Systems
- Power and Energy Systems, Power Electronics, Large-Scale and Networked Control
- Renewable Energy and Sustainable Operations
- Electrical Machines and Drives, Electrical Vehicle, Autonomous Vehicles and Drones
- Smart Grids, Power Quality, Protection Systems, Safety and Reliability
- Blockchain Technology, Circular Economy Tracking and Industry 4.0 Solutions for Governance
- Big Data Applied to Modeling, Diagnostics, Prognostics and System Identification, Industry Data Science Applications
- Deep Learning and Machine Learning Applied to Industry Systems and Processes
- Virtualization, Simulation Techniques and Augmented Reality Applied to Industry
How to Submit
All papers, session proposals, tutorial proposals and workshop proposals must be submitted electronically through the PaperCept Conference Management System.
Full and Short Papers
Papers are invited in the form of regular manuscripts (maximum of 8 proceedings pages). Papers must be submitted through the PaperCept Conference Management System and must be formatted in accordance with the submission policy.
We strongly recommend using one of the IEEE templates to prepare your submission, to avoid errors during downloading to IEEE Xplore platform if your paper is accepted.
You can download the conference templates in this link. The zip file contains MS-Word as well as LaTeX templates. Please use A4 paper size on you paper.
You can generate a PDF using Adobe Acrobat or Ghostview.
Full and Short Paper format requirements
- Language: English, Portuguese or Spanish
- Paper Length: Full Paper: minimum of 4 pages and maximum of 8 pages. Short Paper: 1~2 pages
- Paper Size: A4
- File Format: PDF
- Maximum File Size: 4MB
- Use the author account you created in the PaperCept System, during initial submission, to edit or resubmit.
- If your Full Paper is not accepted, you will have the opportunity to review it and resubmit as a Short Paper.
Submissions that do not meet the format requirements will be rejected
Accepted papers MUST be presented by one of the authors at the conference or virtual website and according to the final schedule.
The presenter MUST register for the conference by the author registration deadline. Failure to register before this deadline will result in automatic withdrawal of the paper from the conference program and publication.
Tutorials involve formal presentation of the principles (e.g., theory, methodology, and tools) behind an established research area to enhance the knowledge and skills of the participants in that area.
We particularly welcome proposals that cover material or use presentation formats that are not found within the main conference that increase the interest for the event, enhance interaction and discussion amongst participants, and make useful connections to fields outside of industry.
Interested organizers of Tutorials should submit a brief proposal through the PaperCept Conference Management System. A proposal should include the title, list of instructors and their affiliations, an overview of the event (e.g., abstract, keywords, objectives, motivation, content, structure, and tentative program), and intended audience, as well as role and brief bio of each instructor. The proposal should also clarify the type and duration of the event (half-day or full-day).
The Program Committee reserves the right to reject tutorial proposals (based on content), or to cancel accepted proposals (due to low numbers of pre-registrations).
In the event of a cancellation, the event fees will be refunded in full.
CHANGES IN IMPORTANT DATES
|Full and Short Papers:|
|Submission Opens:||November 1st, 2022|
|Final Submission deadline:||April 30th, 2023|
|Accept/reject notification:||July 5th, 2023|
|Congress dates:||NEW November 22-24th, 2023|